Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Writing from another's perspective...

This is what I've learned, writer's write about what they know.    This is what I know, most of my writing is from my perspective based on events from my life.  This is what I'm trying, it's not about me.  I've made a list of possible different perspectives... 

  • A seven year old boy from a tangled, troubled home
  • A pregnant teenager
  • An elderly widow
  • A single father
  • A single mother battling cancer
  • A young, successful woman  hiding a drug addiction
  • A successful middle-aged man hiding his alcoholism
  • A veteran of the Iraqi war trying to fit back into American society
  • A six year old boy who is at war with himself
  • A new mother

From the Pocket Muse

Most Good Stories Are About Trouble
  • Trouble getting from point A to point B
  • Trouble being understood
  • Trouble understanding
  • Trouble doing something
  • Trouble having something done to you
  • Trouble talking
  • Trouble listening
  • Trouble within
  • Trouble without
  • Trouble being human
I wonder what would happen when I combine one of the characters above with one of the pieces about trouble from above...

An elderly widow who has trouble getting from point A to point B
A seven year old boy who has trouble being understood
A six year old boy who has trouble talking

No comments:

Post a Comment