Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Trust.

Since asked to write about "this I believe", I've found myself keeping this idea of "trust" closer to me than I realized.    This is what I've thought about in the last week:

I put my trust in the Lord every month when Elijah goes to work. Elijah leaves our little home in Shin Pond, America and flies across the country to Louisiana and then boards a helicopter to take him hundreds of miles into the Gulf of Mexico.

I put my trust in the Lord every month when Elijah hops on the helicopter and flies back across the country to Shin Pond, America.

I put my trust in the Lord when I confidently place my bundled-up bottom on the back of our snowmobile, and hang on for dear life as we travel to speeds up over 85 miles an hour.  One false move, and we could both meet our maker.

I placed my trust in the Lord and in someone else when I picked up a stranger in a snowstorm last Saturday night.  When the inebriated stranger wouldn't tell me his name, I put more trust in the Lord that we both would make it safely to our intended destinations.

I put my trust in the Lord when I watch my sister suffer with Chron's disease.  I trust that he will help her make smart decisions about her eating habits and help ease her pain.


Crafting my belief statement last week for this multigenre project helped make me more cognizant of how many times a day I place my trust in the Lord, others, and myself.  I also realize how many times a day my belief is tested when I worry about things I cannot control.

No comments:

Post a Comment